Subject: Small cute doggies Bella & Angel  Yorkie-Maltese mix called Morkies.  Maltese-Bichon mix called a Maltichon 2014






Our Doggies are very important we want to keep them Healthy & Strong





Please get in  touch if you are interested in more information thhat's on my blog




Fruit   Inquisitive dog

Fresh Fruits like apples, bananas, oranges and watermelon are good foods for dogs. Avoid peaches, plums, persimmons because their seeds can cause intestinal obstruction. Avocado is toxic in all its forms and grapes and raisins are another bad choice because they can cause kidney failure.

Be sure to wash all fruits and remove rinds, inedible skins, seeds, and pits before feeding to pets.














Steer clear of: Grapes and raisins can cause kidney damage for cats and dogs, so avoid feeding these entirely. Citrus fruits like lemons, limes, and grapefruit as well as persimmons can cause upset stomach


Vegetables Consider steaming or boiling cruciferous veggies such as broccoli, cauliflower, and cabbage, as they are much easier to digest when they are cooked.




Bell peppers (red, green, yellow)





Celery Cucumber

Green beans




Sweet potato



Steer clear: Never feed your pet onions or garlic as they are toxic in all forms: cooked, raw, and even onion powder. These cause damage to the red blood cells, ultimately causing them to burst. Rhubarb and wild mushrooms also contain toxins. We suggest avoiding corn as it is a common allergen among pets. THE POISONING in dogs occurs a few days after the pet has eaten the onion.  All forms of onion can be a problem including dehydrated onions, raw onions, cooked onions and table scraps containing cooked onions and/or garlic.  Left over pizza, Chinese dishes and commercial baby food containing onion, sometimes fed as a supplement to puppies, can cause illness.


Top 11 Human Foods Not For Pets

By now, most pet owners are aware that chocolate is poisonous to dogs and cats, however there are many other human foods that are also very toxic to our pets.


  1. Chocolate Chocolate contains caffeine and Theo bromine, both of which are toxic to pets. Dark chocolate and baker’s chocolate are more dangerous because they contain higher amounts. Symptoms of poisoning include vomiting and a rapid heart rate.

  2. Alcohol Even a small amount may cause vomiting, liver damage, and brain damage for pets.
  3. Raisins and grapes – While it hasn’t been determined the exact cause, grapes and raisins can lead to kidney failure in our furry friends. Vomiting and lethargy are key indicators that your pet may have been poisoned by grapes or raisins.

  4. Onions and garlic – All forms of onions and garlic (raw, powdered, cooked) can destroy a dog or cat’s red blood cells and lead to anemia. Symptoms include vomiting, weakness, and breathlessness.

  5. AvocadoThese contain a substance called persin which can be toxic to pets in large amounts. Not only is persin in the fruit itself, but can also be found in the leaves and pit.

  6. Chewing gum Chewing gum is often sweetened with xylitol which is poisonous to pets and can cause liver failure. Symptoms of xylitol poisoning include vomiting, weakness, and loss of muscle coordination. Seizures are a more severe symptom.
  7. Fat trimmings and bones - Not only is fat unhealthy for our pets to eat, but it can cause pancreatitis. Leftover bones can be a choking hazard for pets, but also can splinter when chewed and cause internal puncture wounds in your pet’s digestive system.

  8. Nuts Walnuts and macadamia nuts, raw or roasted, can make pets seriously ill so it is best to keep these nuts and foods containing them away from your pets. Symptoms of poisoning include rapid heart rate, vomiting, muscle tremors and muscle weakness.

  9. Milk and dairy products Dairy products can cause diarrhea, gastrointestinal upset, and possible food allergies in your pet. It is best to try to avoid giving milk and dairy to your pet.
  10. Salt Avoiding salty foods will keep your pet’s body healthy. Too much salt can cause excessive thirst and urination and may lead to sodium ion poisoning. Your pet may show symptoms of vomiting, diarrhea, depression, tremors, elevated body temperature, and seizures if it has ingested too much salt.

  11. MUSHROOM-- toxicity does occur in dogs and it can be fatal if certain species of mushrooms are eaten.   Amanita phalloides is the most commonly reported severely toxic species of mushroom in the US but other Amanita species are toxic.  Symptoms include Abdominal pain, drooling, liver damage, kidney damage, vomiting diarrhea, convusions, coma, death.






Please get in  touch if you are interested in more information thhat's on my blog


                   Feel free to forward this information to a friend who may be interested in doggy's and their health  


 |  | Ottawa | Ontario | Canada